Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional practices. The primary chemical components of Oregano is carvacrol, a phenol that possesses antioxidant properties when ingested. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with a carrier oil when applied to the skin. One drop taken internally each day can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano can be taken more frequently as needed to further support the immune system.* In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano also supports healthy digestion and respiratory function when taken internally.* Oregano’s aroma acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends.
- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Supports a healthy immune system, healthy digestion, and respiratory function when used internally*
- Offers powerful antioxidants when ingested*
- Take one drop in a veggie cap or 4 fl. oz of liquid daily to maintain healthy immune function*
- Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function*
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast
- Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Unit: 15 mL
Aroma: Herbaceous, sharp, green, camphoraceous
Collection: Steam distillation
Constituents: Carvacrol, thymol
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.