Fennel can grow up to six feet in height and has delicate, feathery leaves. The history of Fennel use dates back to ancient times when Roman warriors were said to have consumed Fennel to make them strong and ready for battle. Fennel is best known for its distinct licorice aroma and taste, yet its ability to promote healthy digestion is equally noteworthy.* Fennel may help support the health of the lungs and respiratory tract and can be added to water or tea to help fight sweet tooth cravings.* Fennel is also known for its ability to promote healthy metabolism, liver function, and circulation.*
- Promotes healthy digestion*
- Supports a healthy respiratory system*
- May help promote healthy metabolism, liver function, and circulation*
- Take internally to support healthy respiratory function.*
- Put a drop of Fennel in water or tea to help fight sweet tooth cravings.*
- Add 1–2 drops in a veggie capsule to promote digestion.*
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Unit: 15 mL
Aroma: Licorice, sweet, honey
Collection: Steam distillation
Constituents: E-anethole, fenchol, α-pinene
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.